Welcome to smsmasters.co.uk!
The latest technology news and information updated daily since 2002.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

internet explorer 7 beta 1

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Epsos, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Epsos live each day as it comes

okay finally this is released i dont like microsoft but i thought i woudl post it get this forum going again

okay the techniqual over view

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...3A-64FE-4A4C-9DDF-57AF0472EAD2&displaylang=en

and i have uploaded the file

only thing you have to have a legit version of windows

enjoy and discuss

unfortunatly wont let me upload so here is the link from rapidshare

http://rapidshare.de/files/3540086/IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.rar.html
  2. smsc-mad smsc-mad.Remo.Fibbler1

says file not found
  3. Terry Active Member

Is this the actual download of the Beta?

EDIT - just found this on another site

EDIT 2 - Ok i just found this link aswell thats supposed to be Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 for XP

http://file.mydrivers.com/tools/others/IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe
  4. Terry Active Member

I have a patch for all those people running dodgy Windows on there PC lol. It will fool the Windows Genuine Advantage thing to think you are running a proper version of Windows. I just tryed it and installed Internet Explorer 7 with no problems lol. If you want the patch then i'll rar it up and upload it.

Internet Explorer 7 is sweet as! Much better than IE 6 and Firefox by miles! I like its simplicity and the fact it loads faster also the tabbed browsing is cool! :D
  5. smsc-mad smsc-mad.Remo.Fibbler1

come on then, getting rar'ing!
  6. Terry Active Member

I zipped it instead lol If it says file not found when trying to patch then run windows update first then try again.

Attached Files:

7. Epsos live each day as it comes

link works for me click free then wait 20 sencond at them bottom then it will let download

erm dude eggs how does this patch work im guess you need to be offline while doing it but nice find i wil use it on my laptop

does someone fancy posting screen shots i aint done myne yet
  8. Terry Active Member

I posted a link to IE7 aswell and you dont have to mess about with rapidshare.

The patch just overides the Windows Genuine thingy so you can use windows update and this new IE7. I'll try post some screenshots in a min.
  9. Terry Active Member

Heres 2 screenshots of Internet Explorer 7. I can't show you the speed of the browser in a picture for obvious reasons but you'll just have to take my word that its faster than IE6 and Firefox :)

Attached Files:

10. Epsos live each day as it comes

cheers tez for them

ermm i did a google on phishing lol

it is

i got that from microsoft webpage if you want to read more

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/IETechCol/dnwebgen/msphishingfilterwp.asp

i think this is going to be good lol
  11. Epsos live each day as it comes

sorry for posting again i thought it would be more appropiate cus if i edit my post would of been long lol :p

anyways i found a error when i went to open up trillian messenger it came up with a error saying could not load then i went onto www.betanews.com and there it was in the main headlines error in trillian im and gaim messenger cus of ie

here is a print screen of the problem maybe this will be fixed now it has been reconised i tried starting it without ie working but it still came with the same error

Attached Files:

12. Terry Active Member

Simple answer: Don't use trillion.
  13. Epsos live each day as it comes

yeah or im or gaim tho and alot of people prefere these to windows messenger or msn lol so i was jus pointing out a error
  14. smsc-mad smsc-mad.Remo.Fibbler1

Some Internet Explorer 7 testers who loaded the Beta 1 bits onto their systems have found a nasty surprise: their instant messaging software crashes. explain that...
  15. Terry Active Member

I've had no problems at all and ive been using it for nearly 2 days now
  16. smsc-mad smsc-mad.Remo.Fibbler1

well its on the first post on this thread, that link
  17. Epsos live each day as it comes

you lost me on this comment?????

ive been using it for about 4 hours now and i think its okay but a long way till it is released
  18. smsc-mad smsc-mad.Remo.Fibbler1

19. Matty New Member

This looks good.

Anyone had any problems yet? :)
  20. Terry Active Member

I had no problems at all with it but my PC needed to reformated cus it had loads of **** on it (music, movies, games etc lol) Now im back on Windows ME which is a load of bollocks and i can't use this no more :(