Welcome to smsmasters.co.uk!
The latest technology news and information updated daily since 2002.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

nokia 7600 help

Discussion in 'Mobile General' started by Epsos, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Epsos live each day as it comes

okay i have unlocked this phone well JD did a while ago and i cant remember how he did it so that i got signal i go onto manual selection and slecet orange and it says no acces point and on automatic i still get no signal but this is with a new sim card can anyone help me
  2. jensenh1 Member

when it was unlocked was it by code or did you send it away for a reset too?
    Is it picking up a signal when you 1st turn it on and then dropping it?
    Please explain your problem better!
  3. Epsos live each day as it comes

sorry erm it has no signal when i start up on orange it was done via code i have not sent it away

erm

when i put a o2 sim in and go to manual then o2 it works fine but not on orange
  4. jensenh1 Member

It sounds like the phone is detecting both 3g and a 2g signals on Orange and does not know which one to lock onto.The Threepay 3g handsets need a software reset to prevent this from happening.It does not need a re- flash but can only be reset via a data cable and box.
    Once reset then another option can be seen in the menu system which gives you the option of selecting gsm or 3g. That will solve your problem and allow you to use it with a 'normal' gsm orange sim card.
  5. Epsos live each day as it comes

okay so the hardware lock in other words JD told me jus to unlock the phone and select manual and it will work it works on o2 but not orange and i cnt be bothered to get it unlocked but thankyou for your help i wil keep it in mind cheers