Welcome to smsmasters.co.uk!
The latest technology news and information updated daily since 2002.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

the smsc barring thing

Discussion in 'Mobile General' started by thesmsc3k, Apr 8, 2003.

1. thesmsc3k New Member

if we got found out about using them free smsc numbers would we have to pay allot or just 4 the text u sent ?? ? :spin:
  2. Terry Active Member

if u was on O2 then they would barr the sim card
  3. cathyquigley New Member

mine has been "barred"
  4. roadkill New Member

mines too
  5. dimension New Member

How did they tell you guys? What did they accuse you of?
  6. cathyquigley New Member

a couple of weeks ago they sent me a txt sayin that they know ive been using smsc's and that if i continued they'd barr my sim. i used them anyway and now my sim has been barred :( right b4 i was meant to get my free 300 txts too :(:(:( my reports were off and my sim wasnt registered either :(
  7. dimension New Member

Complain to "oftel" saying you have been unfairly treated e.t.c. e.t.c
  8. cathyquigley New Member

whats that? :eek:
  9. dimension New Member

http://www.oftel.gov.uk/ - They are the uk regulator of the telecommunications industry, which means they're the ppl who you can complain to about o2.
  10. cathyquigley New Member

awrite, thanks for that :) il have a look now
  11. dimension New Member

Good luck guys, tell me how u do
  12. winer New Member

I was never got yet hope not either so i dont know.
  13. cathyquigley New Member

i sent them an email to see what they coulld do and heres what they said.........

Cathy

O2 (formerly BT Cellnet), T Mobile (formerly one2one), Orange and Vodafone are licensed as Mobile PTO’s. This basically means they are empowered to build and maintain telecommunications infrastructure that can be linked to the public telecommunications network, as well as requirements regarding their systems and apparatus. None of the regulations cover offering service. Service providers and airtime retailers (companies that offer service to customers) are companies which are not licensed and therefore do not fall under the same regulatory regime as the mobile networks.

There are no regulations that cover the quality of customer service and the awarding or level of compensation to be paid should problems with service arise. Although Oftel has a general duty to consider any telecommunication representations it receives with a view to helping both parties reach an amicable solution to their problems, we have no powers to impose solutions on service providers. Disputes relating to the agreement between a telecoms provider and its customer (level of service expected/received) are ultimately contractual disputes which, if no amicable solution can be reached, can only be resolved in a court of law.

However in an effort to be of assistance I can forward your complaint to O2’s complaints resolution department. They will investigate the issues raised and reply directly to you within 5 working days. In order to do this I require some further information:

Address, Mobile Number and Daytime Contact Number. As soon as I receive this I shall forward your complaint and hopefully the issue can be resolved.

Suzanne Rogers

Consumer Advisor

NIACT

22 Great Victoria Street

Belfast

BT2 7QA

Tel: 028 9024 4113

Fax: 028 9024 7024

NIACT is the Northern Ireland representative of Oftel. We represent the views, needs and opinions of Northern Ireland telecoms consumers.
  14. cathyquigley New Member

i think il just forget about it, i dont want them getting my name and adress and stuff :eek: im usin my other sim for free smsc's now anyway and they havent txted me on that one. il just use my other genie sim for the free txts aswell. but i still dont understand how they were able to catch me out usin free smsc's when i didnt use reports or have my sim registered :mad::mad:
  15. Silentscorn New Member

My phone never has been "barred" :)
  16. cathyquigley New Member

oh arent u so cool. i wish i was like u:)
  17. Resident Member

Hi!

They can barr the whole smsc using thing, not only your sim. Here in hungary you cannot use foreign smscs with our sims. Because our "outgoing call barring without homeland" is barred. You can check it with *#332# then call. Its shame. But o2 can do it with all of their sims too... But our sims are great in roaming. My o2 sim is barred too, but they didnt give me any warning message... o2 cards are good, but the o2 company is a great sh*t. This is my opinion.
  18. cschua21 New Member

My phone also never barred..
    I am using malaysia Celcom network..!
  19. Area52 Active Member

malaysia Celcom - does that allow SMSC?
  20. zjj33 New Member

Is this true?